Wednesday, August 21, 2019

DUMBO

My first weekend back the NYC Urban Sketchers went to DUMBO which is short for Down Under the Manhattan Beach Overpass. It is an area that right now is a big tourist destination. This first sketch that I did of the Manhattan Bridge had so many tourists standing in the middle of the street taking selfies. I think the street will eventually have to be a pedestrian only street because the people posing are an accident waiting to happen.


After lunch I went a few blocks away and sketched this view of the Brooklyn Bridge.


In the park in front of me was an interesting couple so I sketched them too.


9 comments:

  1. Three wonderful summer scene sketches of that touristy neighborhood in Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But where are all the selfie takers in your sketch? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I asked them all to get out of the street. They must have listened.

      Delete
  3. Wow - the bridges are super Joan. I don't know how precise your sketches are but you certainly convey the essence of all the things you choose to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. Let's just say if I built those bridges they wouldn't let cars on them. lol

      Delete
  4. Great sketches. You are so good at capturing the feel. I love your cars! The folks are great, too.

    ReplyDelete