Monday, August 5, 2019

Monet’s Garden

Today I took the train to Giverny to Monet’s Garden. I did 2 small 5x7 paintings by the lily pond. Then I started another paining in the other side of the garden and a guard told me painting wasn’t allowed  without a special reservation.   I walked around and met my friend, Sandrine. She also wanted to paint so we tried again but were told the same thing. We had worked fast anticipating the guard would come over so we would have something done. I can’t get a good photo of that in the room here so I will post it another time.






8 comments:

  1. I can imagine your frustration with the guard yet you still managed to squeeze two beautiful sketches. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. When I was there previously I did a lot of little paintings and nobody said anything. lol

      Delete
  2. I like your sneaky sketching style! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A strange restriction considering that Monet probably wouldn't have objected to artists. Anyway, you managed to sneak in two charming little paintings - good for you Joan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL My friend Sandrine told the guard (in French) that Monet would be very upset by that rule.

      Delete
  4. These are great. I have some sneaky friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The funny thing was I saw other people sketching there too.

      Delete