Monday, August 26, 2019

Paint the Great South Bay - Part 2 - Marsh View

I am posting the paintings for Paint the Great South Bay a bit out of order. I forgot to take photos of two of the completed paintings, so I will post those last and maybe have a chance to get photos of the finished pieces that are hanging in Patchogue. 
Down at the Long Island Maritime Museum in West Sayville there is a great view of the marsh from the dock. That's where I headed for this painting. You can see a bit of the beach off on the left where the bay comes in between Fire Island and West Sayville. This was a location that several other artist also painted. Some did the marsh and some did the boats that are outside at the museum. It was a windy day and I am lucky the painting didn't blow away...my water containers did. They ended up right in the water. lol




3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I like the serene view. Looks like an oil painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant piece Joan - I like the variety of colours in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful and makes me feel like I'm there. The rusty colors really make the green pop.

    ReplyDelete