Sunday, August 18, 2019

Around Paris

My hotel in Paris was near Notre-Dame and I passed it quite often. One morning I got up and went out to get a croissant and coffee for breakfast. I went down along the Seine to sit and eat. I was facing the back of Notre-Dame where a lot of the scaffolding could be seen. I did a sketch of the view.


My friend, Lois, had met a few of the USK Paris sketchers at the Symposium and they let us know about their gathering on Sunday. We met up with the sketchers at a cafe and sketched from there until most of the group arrived. We talked, shared information and had coffee. I did this sketch of the view from my cafe table. There was a cute stuffed bear sitting there so I included him too.


The group moved to the Luxembourg Gardens next. There was a beautiful fountain with far too many horses to sketch....but I did them anyway.


Here are a few more photos taken around Paris.








8 comments:

  1. Nice job on the flying buttresses! Must be strange to see Notre Dame without its spire. It's still beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was interesting to see what has been happening with it. It is still beautiful...you are right.

      Delete
  2. Joan your Teddy Bear made me smile - your sketches always capture so well the details of all you see. Your trip to Paris is so inspiring. Thanks for always sharing. Your posts are so uplifting. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoy the posts.

      Delete
  3. Scaffolding...so they've started working on it already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are all super Joan but the fountain is just wow. I don't know if you ever just use photos but you have a couple of great scenes if you do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much. I rarely work from photos. I don't get as inspired as when I'm actually there.

      Delete