Monday, March 18, 2019

Unsuspecting Subjects

When I was in the city on Saturday the NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade was also going on. I didn't see too many people dressed in green on the trip in but there were some on the way home. These ladies were sitting diagonally across from me on the train and I had lots of time to do the sketch. They obviously had gone in for the parade and looked exhausted.


These people were on the train in the morning but I didn't bother using color since they were sketched on flimsy paper, not watercolor paper.


Downstairs in the newer section of the Morgan Library and Museum I sat for a while on the couch. Another sketcher was sketching across from me so I did a quick ink sketch of her before we left to go have a drink and share our sketches.


All of these people sketches are a good warm-up to the "1 Week 100 People" Challenge which I will be participating in again.
Information about the challenge can be found HERE.
Maybe you would like to participate too.

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely participating, too! But you don't need to warm up... your people sketches are always great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seldom I see uncolored sketch of yours. Great pencil sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I find the LIRR ride has too much vibration to do direct ink sketches. It is easier to do pencil or watercolor for some reason.

      Delete
  3. These are great. I love the green tights. I think you have the practice done! Looking forward to all these new folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quick sketches are better than most people's long efforts. I especially like the sketch of your sketcher friend.

    ReplyDelete