Saturday, March 16, 2019

By the Beautiful Sea

I was down at Smith Point Beach at the end of Fire Island on Friday. It was a beautiful day, although too windy to sketch outside. The dunes and the water attracted me of course.


The gulls were right next to my car, so I sketched them too.


Driving to the beach there were a lot of deer at the entrance to the parking lot. They were pretty tame and were coming right up to the cars. We had a bit of a traffic jam. lol There were about a dozen deer in the area.




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We have a lot of deer out here. They are a big problem for drivers. People feed them at the beach and that makes them less afraid of cars, so there are many accidents.

      Delete
  2. So sad .... they’re running out of places to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad. We've moved them out of their normal habitats by building and building.

      Delete
  3. I so enjoy your beach sketches although I doubt I would spend much time on one - lol. Your deer are a lot tamer than mine are; mine usually run away when I open the house door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sketches. I never think of deer in NY but that is just a mind set. Nice to see.

    ReplyDelete