Sunday, March 24, 2019

Brooklyn Flea Market/Smorgasburg - Part 2

When I arrived at the Brooklyn Flea Market in the morning I took a walk around to scope things out. That was when I saw the food stand for C Bao (Asian Buns) with these Peking ducks hanging. What a view!!! I knew that once people were at this stand I would have to sketch it. By the time I got around to it there were so many people around. I found a spot by the wall and set up my stool. It isn't easy to juggle all your belongings while sketching. I spilled water on myself several times. My friend, Jeff (black coat and hat) was sitting right at the counter sketching the activity so he was included in my sketch. Later in the day when he saw that I had put him into the sketch he took a photo of it and then a photo of me holding the sketch.



Earlier in the day when I was sketching the art corner and the Ding Dong Bar I also sketched the bar that was over in the corner. That was our meeting place later for our "show and tell."



Planning a trip away very soon. I will give you details as the time gets closer. I'm not sure if I will be able to post to my blog. On my last trip I found it impossible to get blogger to work on my iPad. I'll have to do a few test runs and see if I can get it to work.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun place to sketch! And looking forward to hearing about your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. It was a fun place for sketching.

      Delete
  2. Joan both of these sketches look great. So nice to see you too with your sketch. Sounds like some fun is on the horizon - hope you will be able to post on your trip. Take care and have a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. Right now blogger on my iPad says it needs to be updated, but the last time I couldn't update it. Grrrr....

      Delete
  3. What a fun sketch of the hanging ducks! I am always amazed by the number of sketches you get done in a day - what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. Some of the other sketchers do more than twice what I get done. lol We are a prolific group.

      Delete
  4. Such a neat place to sketch and fun to be with a group. I like the ducks, even though I don’t like to eat it! The art section is nice for kiddos and artists. And, to have food, too. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete