Friday, February 1, 2019

Frozen Jetty

It was a fairly grey day today with very little color anywhere...and still cold. Not as cold as yesterday morning, but cold anyway. I wanted to go down by the water to see if things had iced up. Just in case it was too cold to just sit in my mobile studio I took along a wool blanket. Sometimes my legs get cold sitting in the car. My upper body is warm inside my jacket but there is a limit to how much covering your legs get. I do have these great socks called Heat Holders that are really thick and soft and keep my feet really warm.

Anyway parts of the bay were frozen, but not solid. With the grey day nothing looked too exciting or colorful but I sketched the jetty in Sayville with the ice covering the end of it and ice along the bottom of the rocks. A big part of what I could see was sort of slushy ice.


The paid wool blanket was over my lap and legs. I alternated between watercolors and ink. Tomorrow is supposed to be much warmer. Yay!!!


6 comments:

  1. It looks like the typical Winter day in New York! lol LOVE the grey tones...it says it all. I go to Cabella's for my socks.... this is what you need. It would keep you toasty !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful sketch. You are a super plein air sketcher. 50 and under is too cold for me. Take care out there….

    ReplyDelete
  3. You managed to capture the look of the cold with this painting - great job. You are so intrepid - most of us just stay home when the weather sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. If I stay home I feel like maybe I need to do some cleaning...and I wouldn't wan to do that. lol

      Delete