Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Clown Amaryllis

Today after the funeral and luncheon with the family I drove my sister back to New Jersey. I had a few hours to relax there while the rush hour traffic lessened and I would be able to drive home. My sister had two amaryllis plants that she had planted and was watching and waiting as they grew. One is a clown amaryllis which is white with red sort of stripes. I'm not sure what the other amaryllis will be. Since I didn't have the opportunity to do any other sketching today the amaryllis seemed like a good subject for today.


6 comments:

  1. I’m SO sorry to hear about your Aunt, Joan!!!! I just saw your last post!!!!! Your watercolor of the dried flowers are beautiful as your amaryllis!!! Thoughts and prayers going to you and your family.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Hilda.

      Delete
  2. This is very beautiful. It certainly fits in your day. Thinking of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the flower - they are such strange plants - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. My sister wasn't even sure it would turn out to be the name that was on the box. That has happened to her before.

      Delete