Monday, February 25, 2019

Flowers

My sister, Mickey came to stay over on Sunday so we could go to our aunt's wake and funeral together. It was not the best reason to get together but we're trying to make the most of it since we don't get together all that much any more. After catching up a bit we decided to do some painting. I still had my roses from Valentine's Day roses which are now dried roses. We thought they were interesting that way. They are yellow roses with these interesting deep rose edges to the petals.


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. You captured the variegated colors in the roses well!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bitter sweet time, sorry about your aunt. Beautiful dry roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely sketch of your dried flowers and the vase is too cool! Funerals and weddings seem to be the only times we see so many old friends and family as life is so busy and we are all so scattered. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. I got to see relatives I hadn't seen in about 25 years and met some I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting before.

      Delete