Sunday, May 20, 2018

Perth from Kings Park

Perth has a lovely, big park called Kings Park. At one end is a very steep climb that really fit people use for training. I knew I didn’t wanly to enter the park that way...so I googled the route from our apartment. Little did I know that it would take me up a set of stone stairs that would nearly kill me. Lol About halfway up a man offered to carry my backpack the rest of the way up. I told him it wasn’t my backpack that was the problem, it was my legs. If there wasn’t another way to exit the park I was in trouble. Anyway there was another way out and I took the bus. I think if I had googled public transportation it would have taken me in on this route. When I got to the top I sketched one of the many views looking back at the city.



8 comments:

  1. A good sketch Joan. I think I would have given up at the sight of the stairs - you are so determined - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I just didn’t think it was going to be that bad.

      Delete
  2. Lovely, I know I would have given up! Applause for all your sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know you were in Australia, Joan. I love seeing your sketches! The colors are beautiful and crisp. Sorry about that hike though. Does not sound fun but in the end, it was surely worth it. Look at that view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been here for over 3 Weeks. Heading home tonight. Thanks. Good to see you again.

      Delete
  4. Excellent sketch Joan!!! Have a safe trip home!!

    ReplyDelete