Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Home At Last - Garden Sketch, Perth

After 25+ hours of traveling from Peth we arrived home at about 10:40 pm NY time last night. We did the entire trip...Peth to Sydney, Sydney to LA, LA to NY in one continuous stretch. I do not sleep sitting upright for more than a few minutes so I was a bit like a zombie when we got here. I went straight to bed. It would have been nice to sleep and sleep. I didn't set my alarm hoping to sleep late, but I only slept about 7 hrs and was up by 6 this morning and went to meet my friends for a walk. We will see how tired I am by mid afternoon.

My thanks to all of you who followed my sketching adventures while I was gone. I do have a bit more to post from the trip so bear with me. It is so nice to be back using my laptop for posting rather than my iPad. I can't complain because I was able to post most days, but it took so much longer than usual and many times the posts just disappeared and I would have to start all over. I was able to visit some blogs while I was away and if I haven't been to yours in a while I will catch up to you soon.

This sketch was done in Perth's Elizabeth Quay area. There is a lovely park and in one direction you have a view of the tower which I posted a while back. In the other direction is the Supreme Court Gardens which I sketched this time. The entire time I sat there the bells from the tower were ringing. Luckily it was far enough that they weren't too loud and distracting.




11 comments:

  1. Dear Joan - welcome home. So glad you had a safe trip. Looks like you have wonderful sketches to remember the special places you visited. Take care and rest up friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was special being with family for the wedding and meeting other sketchers there too. I am heading to bed. The loss of sleep on the return trip is knocking me out.

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it home safe and sound Joan. It was great of you to continue to blog while yu were away, especially as it sounds like it was a bit of a pain. Your sketches, as always, share parts of the world that we may never visit. Thank you; they and this one are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. I know how much I love to see other people's travel sketches, so I knew I had to share mine.

      Delete
  3. Every time I see any home like structure, whether in real life, photos, or art...I just begin to imagine the life inside, past or present. I want to see inside, see the layout, see what they've done with the place, how they live...now if that isn't a weird comment looking at this lovely fresh piece, I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like that too but mostly when I see homes/buildings in real life...if the walls could talk. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back Joan! That was a VERY long flight and I hope you get your much needed rest. Will await for more of your unpublished work from your last trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. At least today I feel like a human again.

      Delete
  5. Great you had safe if long travels. I was curious as to what this building was. As usual, so very well done. Friendly sketch….

    ReplyDelete
  6. Used to do a similar trip when I went to the Orient from FLA. It always knocked me out worst coming back East so expect you will have the blahs for a couple of days until your time clock gets back in tune. Glad all went well and that you had such a long and enjoyable trip. You saw a bit of it all, and so did wel. I so enjoyed your trip and can't wait to see more. As usually I love this sketch. Did you notice that as you did more you just got better and better and included more details. Kudos Joan

    ReplyDelete