Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Draw-a-Thon

On Saturday after sketching in Union Square I headed uptown to the High School of Art & Design which was having a Draw-a-Thon fundraiser. Several of the NYC Urban Sketchers were already there since it had started at 10 am. I didn't get  there until about 3:30. I did a few warmup sketches and then did two of the models in their setting in the room. This was the second Draw-a-Thon I've gone to and I didn't get a chance to sketch any of the costumed models since the event winds down at 6 pm when pizza is served and raffles are drawn. It was a fun event!




10 comments:

  1. That must have been fun. Drawing from live models isn't my comfort zone but I would like to learn how to do it. Very nice sketches of the models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It isn't my comfort zone either, but like portraits it makes me observe things a bit closer.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Joan!!!!! Amazing sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you've sketched at this event in previous years because it sounds very similar to Drawing Jam that I attend at Gage every year. Fun! That first model looks so bored! ;-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that model kept falling asleep. These two models kept the same pose all day which I think would be boring. lol The HS of Art & Design does this twice a year. I did it back some time in the winter.

      Delete
  4. Super sketches Joan. I like the way you included some of the other artists and didn't just sketch the model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. Sometimes the artists are more interesting than the models. lol

      Delete