Friday, February 12, 2016

Brookfield Place - Part II

Our day at Brookfield Place's Winter Garden Atrium continued with a great lunch upstairs at the food court. There were some really good choices and I had one of the best BBQ brisket sandwiches! It was so good that I didn't even stop to think about drawing it. lol

After lunch I headed down to the main floor again. This pastry, cookie, candy shop looked so inviting. I knew I would be in trouble if I entered (especially since they were giving out samples of something) so I sat at a distance to sketch this.


Here is a photo of the impressive installation of the luminaries.


The lanterns were so tempting I had to do another sketch of them. This time I included some people. 


I did start a sketch on my iPad going into the city in the morning, but then I met my friend as the train reached her stop and didn't finish it then. I worked on it a bit more after she left the train going home. Most of it was done from memory after we pulled out of the station in the morning. lol




8 comments:

  1. Excellent sketches, Joan. Love that baby in the stroller!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joan - such great sketches of Brookfield Place. The winter garden must be awesome to see this time of the year. Love the lanterns...you certainly captured them well my friend. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sheila.

    Hilda, thank you.

    Thank you, Debbie. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH FUN JOAN -- SUPER SKETCHES!!! You do work fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to work right near there. Love all your sketches. Brought me right back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to work right near there. Love all your sketches. Brought me right back. :)

    ReplyDelete