Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I am continuing with my 75 day challenge sketching directly in ink and the end is in sight. The weather here has been quite wet lately so I've resorted to painting a few of these from photos. Lyn Frye (http://viewfromtheoak.blogspot.com)  recently posted a painting on her blog of a spot in Civita, Italy that she has redone several times. The spot seems to call out to her from all her reference photos. I have the same feeling about this little corner in Venice. I've painted and sketched it several times and when I look through my references for inspiration this one always pops out for some reason. Maybe it is those open windows calling me to look in.


6 comments:

  1. A lovely piece indeed, Joan. It makes me want to see what the inside of this home looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is in sight! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joan - you are going to make it and with flying colors. I bet this exercise has proven to be invaluable in doing something creative daily. Happy painting and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen - It has been slow going. Thanks.

    Debbie - Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER SUPER SUPER JOB JOAN!! Love the colors and the fine lines of the roof!!! BRAVA!

    ReplyDelete