Sunday, April 23, 2023

Union Square Park

 Last Sunday my friend, Suzala and I took the LIRR into NYC to see the American Watercolor Society Show at the Salmagundi Club on 5th Ave. It was definitely worth the trip! There are always several people I know personally who have work in the show and I find works that are outstanding. It is good inspiration.

 Of course we brought along our art supplies so we could stop and sketch before going home. It was a really nice day, and Union Square Park was filled with people enjoying the sunshine and the wonderful trees and flowers that were in bloom. While we were painting we were entertained by a great musical performance by someone playing the xylophone. We found a good spot to sit with a table and chairs and captured the views.

  



We even got in some exercise as we walked from Union Square Park on 17th Street back to Penn Station on 33rd Street.


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely day and your fabulous sketches have captured it far better than any camera could have done. Great work Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The nice part about sketching on location is that I notice and remember all the details of what was happening while I was sketching. That doesn't usually happen with a photo.

      Delete
  2. Such happy little sketches, ... wonderfull

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joan I so love your watercolor sketch of Union Square Park. The couple on the bench in your last sketch is super too. I hope you are enjoying this lovely spring weather. Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks. It is so nice to be able to go out and enjoy the beautiful things around us now. Have a great week, my friend!

      Delete