Friday, April 14, 2023

Sketchbook Revival - Part III

 I have completed quite a few of the lessons from Sketchbook Revival...more than I have done in the past. Some of them didn't seem like something I would want to try but I watched the videos and made an attempt. Here are the recent ones.

Angela Fehr's lesson was on doing spontaneous watercolors. It was fun watching the paints mingle, but it wasn't something that excited me.


Joy Ting Charde had us pick a medium to do a colorful landscape. We did a sketch similar to one of Diebenkorn's paintings. I used mostly watercolors. 


The we worked from a reference photo using his colors instead of the colors in the reference. This was another lesson I thought I wouldn't like but I was surprised that it was fun. I went a lot brighter with the colors than I usually work and in addition to watercolors I added some liquid acrylic inks. I was pleased with how this turned out.









4 comments:

  1. Fun ideas and beautiful colors. I like your mountain stream, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Some of the lessons have been really interesting.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Joy's exercise, too! Something I never would have done on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is nice to use a different palette...but I so rarely do. It was a nice change.

      Delete