Thursday, July 30, 2020

Red's Eats

For anyone who has driven through the town of Wiscasett, Maine along Route 1, Red's Eats is definitely a familiar sight. It is on the corner just before you cross the bridge over the river. In season there is always a long line in front, and Jerry and I always make a guess as to how many people will be on line when we pass. The place has been there for ages and the original "Red" passed away sometime in the last ten years but the family keeps it going. Inside the shack there is barely room for two or three people to work.  I think they have the best lobster roll in the area...and maybe one of the most expensive. lol They do serve the meat from an entire lobster on the toasted top cut hotdog roll which can be served with the traditional mayonnaise, or with butter if you prefer. I am a traditionalist and like mine with mayo. Of course they do serve other food besides lobster rolls and even have a few tables around the back. For years I've been saying I have to sketch Red's Eats, but the location is right on Route 1 and not in a good spot to be sketched easily or safely. So the other day while I was looking through my photos for inspiration I happened to come across one of my photos of Red's and sketched away. I would happily order a lobster roll right now!


5 comments:

  1. You know I love this “Red” painting. Looks like a fun place with lots of tradition. Funny, we went to Southern Roots today and I had a Shrimp Po Boy sandwich. Reminds me of the lobster rolls, so I had obviously ate it in your honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love shrimp po boys too. Red's is a fun place and a great tradition. It usually makes the lists for the best lobster rolls. It definitely gets my vote. lol Thanks.

      Delete
  2. A super sketch Joan - the lobster roll sounds great too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. It would be fun to sketch it while there if I could find a spot.

      Delete
  3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete