Saturday, June 6, 2020

Stories and Sketches

Today the NYC Urban Sketcher's event was hosted by a great artist, teacher and friend of mine named Shawne Cooper. Many of Shawne's sketchbook entries include words (often stories) and sketches. She has taught several workshops for the NYC Urban Sketchers on this and I always seem to miss them. I knew I wouldn't have time this morning to work on my story and sketch, but I did "Zoom" into the event and listen a bit to what we were doing. The morning prompt was to select something or someone that we miss. I picked my family. I haven't seen anyone from my family except Jerry and my SIL, Karen, since the beginning of the year. That has been hard. I worked on this later in the day when things were quiet here. This was an emotional entry for me to do, and I thank Shawne for suggesting the prompt.


9 comments:

  1. Awww, this is beautiful and touching. What a great idea. Hugs to you, Jerry and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. At some point we will get together again...when I'm ready for a trip. lol

      Delete
  2. This is really sweet, Joan...I'm sorry you miss your family. I'm sure it must be hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! How were you able to post??? You figured out the problem or did it resolve itself?

      Delete
  3. A fine choice for what it is that you miss that resonates with us all in these challenging times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel. I know a lot of us have that same problem. Family is often far away and it is hard to get together. We seem to only get together for weddings lately.

      Delete
  4. A great painting and a lovely message that strikes true for many of us during this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Val. The same feeling is true for so many of us. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I'm happy to tell you about the great being spiritual helper. My brother try to make good use of this opportunity that has been given to you because opportunity comes but ones. I am here to help you with the following ;
    1. Instant money
    2. Pocket no dry
    3. Pot money
    4. Money rituals
    5. Promotion in office
    6. Promotion at work place
    7. Promotion at every business
    8. Love spell
    9. Lotto lucky
    10. Scam lucky
    11. Boy /Girl lucky
    12. Husband /Wife lucky
    13. Herbal treatment
    14. Low sperm count
    15. Sex power
    16. Success everywhere
    17. Magic to command everything
    18. Protection against enemies
    19. Protection against witchcraft
    20. Protection in everything and everywhere
    21. Police case
    22. Court case
    23. Soccer lucky
    24. Having bad dreams
    25. Church powers
    26. Powers to be a spiritualist
    27. Examination lucky
    28. Love by work management
    29. Winning family property
    30. Winning family gold.
    And it have no any side effects on you and your whole family!!! 100% guaranteed
    CONTACT DR. GOODMAN VIA..
    WHATSAPP +2348079336082
    EMAIL ADDRESS: IFABABALAWOSPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete