Sunday, June 14, 2020

Newport "Cottages"

I continued taking part in the virtual sketching event that the NYC Urban Sketchers were doing yesterday. After my seascape along Cliff Walk I looked around Newport, Rhode Island to find one of the "cottages" to sketch. I liked this one a lot. It isn't as stuffy-looking as some of the big ones. I did this in my Strathmore Toned Tan sketchbook. This is the William G. Weld House on Bellevue Avenue. Again these are not "urban sketches" because they were done virtually.


The afternoon assignment was to do an interior view of one of the cottages. I didn't get around to that until today. This is one of the rooms in Hunter House.



5 comments:

  1. Wow, some cottage. You did a beautiful job. These are paintings! Beautiful lines and perspective. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. It is a fun area to explore and see how those tycoons lived.

      Delete
  2. These are both super sketches Joan. "Cottage" is a strange description for what looks like a mansion - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess when you have money you can call it what you want. lol Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete