Saturday, February 15, 2020

Rehab Views

I was able to get a few sketches at Momentum by the Bay, the rehab facility where Jerry is staying. I usually disappear for a little while when he goes for PT. Down on the first floor is a deadly spot where there is a busy baker making things for the facility. He has a little kitchen and there is coffee, tea, and goodies available most of the day to the patients and their families. (Not something I really need...but very nice to have when you are there for a few hours. So the other day I went down and sat at one of the tables in the little seating area and sketched the baker.


Today while the physical therapist was working with him in his room I headed to the library, which was a good place for a quick sketch.



8 comments:

  1. He looks like a happy baker! The library looks comfortable. Do they have jigsaw puzzles? That was what I did when waiting for Gene was at radiation after my sketch of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may have puzzles. I was too busy sketching to look. I'm looking for a place to sit so that I can sketch the pt room. lol

      Delete
  2. Joan you are doing a wonderful job with sketching during this challenging time. Glad to read Jerry is back in rehab. Oh go ahead and have a goody - I think you deserve one dear friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. Hopefully the rehab will progress well and he can get home in a reasonable time. I have to watch the goodies...I do allow myself one now and then. :)

      Delete
  3. These are both super Joan and I hope the sketching is helping you while Jerry is in rehab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. The sketching gives me something to focus on for a while. I've done a lot of reading too.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You make it look easy. Love these two.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete