Saturday, February 29, 2020

Crescent Moon

For two nights when I was driving home from the rehab facility there was a beautiful crescent moon and what I believe is a planet in the western sky. I didn't stop and sketch it then, but it stayed in my mind and I did an ATC of what I remembered. I like the dark clouds against the dark sky.

Jerry seems to be doing better. He is working on walking on his prosthetic leg. It will take a lot of strength, balance and persistence. I went to a support group the other day (Jerry didn't go) and was given some advice by the other amputees there to let him do things on his own. He will let me know when he needs help, but he needs to work out how he will approach daily life. I guess it is good advice but not the easiest thing to follow.


9 comments:

  1. Lovely moon! It was probably Venus nearby. Sounds like Jerry still has a long haul ahead, but he's lucky to have you there by his side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Tina. I think it was Venus. Luckily it was so visible!

      Delete
  2. Just ditto to what MiataGrrl said. It will take perseverance from you both. Thinking of you with hugs and positive thoughts. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks so much. It will take a lot from both of us.

      Delete
  3. Stunning blue! Glad he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely night scene Joan. I am sure the advice about Jerry will be hard to follow but I am also sure that love will find a way. Best wishes to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thank you for your kind words. This has definitely been a test for both of us.

      Delete
  5. Love the way you have layered the cloudy sky. I saw this moon!

    Hope you have more patience than I do. I have to fight to let my hubby do things as my instinct takes over and I want to rush in and help. Going to try harder to curb my nurturing and let him do more. Different causes of problems but same good loving husbands we want to help.

    ReplyDelete