Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hyde Park

We arrived in Sydney, Australia around 7:30am. The flight from LA to Sydney was about 15 hours and I think I slept about 3 hours. I watched 2 movies and read 1 1/2 books. We had bulkhead seats and I was in the middle and had no view to sketch. But at least we could get up and stretch easily.

We came to Australia to celebrate my niece’s wedding. We have a week here in Sydney before we meet family in Perth and travel to the wedding. After the wedding we will explore the west coast a bit.

After checking into our apartment which overlooks Hyde Park, I showered and then went for a walk around the park. I did a view looking toward the tower and then one of the Sandringhan Gardens in the Park. I did a sketch at dinner but didn’t get to add color yet.




Sorry but I can’t enlarge the images today.


4 comments:

  1. Yay Joan! Nice sketches to get you busy so soon. Not to worry, enlarged images shows up if I click on any one of them. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep,clicking enlarges them. Beautiful sketches, thanks for taking us down under!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it there safe and sound. Why am I not surprised that you were out sketching as soon as possible - lol.Lovely sketches Joan and a glimpse of the world I am not likely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time for you. Apart from the loooong flight you seems to have had no jet lag. These sketches are great!

    ReplyDelete