Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Briermere Farm Before Thanksgiving

I usually try to do my posts in order and am usually a few days ahead, but I wanted to post this now since it has a Thanksgiving theme. Briermere Farm in Riverhead is famous here on Long Island. People swear they have the best pies around (especially their blueberry cream). I've only tasted the strawberry-rhubarb and it was good, but that combination is not one of my favorites. I'll have to try another one some day. Anyhow, for Thanksgiving they do an awesome business. People drive out there from as far as NYC, which is about 80 miles. Most customers order pies ahead of time and expect to stand on line when they get there to pick them up.

I was thinking about where to go sketching today and decided to head out there and sketch the crowd. What a circus! It wasn't easy to find parking and I wanted to sketch from the car since it was cold out. I finally got a spot in the side lot that very few people seem to realize is there. I didn't have much of a view but patiently waited for the woman parked next to me to leave and took her spot. It had a great side view of the  building between the trees. Most people came out with several pies and many with full cartons. LOL  I watched the clock a few times to see how long people stood on line before they returned to their cars with the pies. It seemed to be about 15 minutes. I happily just sketched and will make my own pecan pie later today. Hope you have something delicious to have tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. You really captured the busy-ness of this place! I'm baking a pumpkin pie tomorrow morning! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Joan! I hope you have a great day!
    Love all your latest work - particularly love the guy on the ladder up the Christmas tree - you have such a skill with foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joan - wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving. Maybe I can stop by for a piece of your Pecan Pie - Yum! Your sketch is amazing too friend. Thank you for always keeping me inspired. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, thanks so much. Enjoy!

    Wendy, glad you like it. Thanks.

    Debbie, I hope your day was great. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete