Friday, November 27, 2015

Swept Away

I'm presently doing another Craftsy class, this time with Stephanie Bower called "Perspective for Sketchers." She gives a lot of good information on lining up things, measuring for size, vanishing points, etc and usually starts in pencil. This is a change from my latest style of sketching directly in ink. I'm learning a lot and things I heard before are really being reinforced.

This sketch was done in an elevated view nearly straight on. I found this restaurant in Bay Shore down by the water.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting post Joan especially as I do start my sketches in pencil then finish in pen. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Enjoy the course. Great sketch. Love the free tree markings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Laura. I've been trying to get into the habit of sketching directly in pen...it is a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete