Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Display

Two weeks ago my plein air group had our last outing for the season at the Bayport Flower House. We sketched there last year too and I did a big room of poinsettias. This time I wanted to do something different even though the poinsettias were gorgeous again.

The Bayport Flower House on Montauk Highway in Bayport definitely puts you in the Christmas mood. There are Christmas decorations everywhere and Christmas carols are playing! What a fun place to sketch. This year I focused on one display which was a decorated free standing window.
I finished everything on site except for the decorations on the ribbons...and it took me almost 2 weeks to get around to doing that. This is 8 x 10.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so festive! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully festive painting Joan, I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a most gorgeous Christmassy painting. Complicated and very welll painted

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful and festive Joan!! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and festive.....pure delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! People are just so clever. I think my imagination is slip sliding away. Nice painting, Joan! A great Christmas card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tina, Ann, Polly, Lin, Laura and Sherry! It would make a good Christmas card...maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete