Friday, January 11, 2013

Pine Neck Dock

Yesterday after visiting my friend I made a quick trip down to the Pine Neck Dock in Patchogue. A guy was just pulling up to the dock and by the time I got my supplies out he was off the boat. So I started sketching it while he was taking his dog for a walk. Before I knew it he had backed his truck down the ramp and was ready to take the boat out of the water. Some people are just too much in a hurry. lol I got enough sketched to complete this little painting.
I finally mailed out my journal for the Sketchbook Project. It was mighty thick...just a hair under the 1 inch thickness allowed (or I hope it was). If the Sketchbook Project tour comes your way look for my book.


5 comments:

  1. You did a great painting regardless of the man in a hurry! Good to know your Sketchbook Project is on the way to the library. Hopefully lots of people will look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy watching cars and trucks release their boats into the water. I always worry about how much vehicle makes it into the water. Wonderful sketch, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft blues, Joan. Looks like you had a good sketch day!! I missed some of your previous paintings...Love them all....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, Sherry, and Hilda - Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I hope they come this way, Joan!! Marvelous sketching and again I applaud you for your speed!! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete