Friday, January 4, 2013

Panera Bread

Yesterday it was too cold to sit in the car and sketch and I really needed to get to work on my journal for the Sketchbook Project which is due Jan 15. So I went to Panera Bread in Bohemia to have a coffee and sketch. It worked out well. I'll have to go back another time to sketch the people at the tables. I found a tiny table in a corner and nobody even noticed what I was doing. Someone even came around with a tray of cupcake samples to try. lol A perfect sketching spot.
 
On another note, as of 3:00 today I officially have the internet at home!!! Yahoo!!! I am working off my new Samsung laptop that Jerry got me for Christmas. Working on the laptop will be a long learning curve for me.


7 comments:

  1. You must be excited to have internet at home.

    I like the Panera Bread sketch. Your people are getting so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joan - isn't Panera Bread the best!! I am afraid I might have spent more time eating than sketching (LOL) - hey congratulations on the internet - this will be great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sketch, Joan.! So many wonderful details in this piece. Believe it or not, I've never been to Panera Bread..
    Good luck with your new computer...you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave! How many times would I love to paint on the spot in a cafe? Oh well, keep it up I do enjoy looking at all the small details you manage to put in without it looking too fussy. Good luck with the laptop - its a big change I know from experience but I wouldnt go back to a PC now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful scene and I can imagine you sitting in Starbucks sketching away. As to having the internet at home, I don't know that I'd want to ever do without it. I've had it for many, many years and have grown with the changes. A new learning curve with Windows 8 but so far, no real problems for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan!
    Great work! Love Panera Bread! Love their bread and soup!
    I love your work and your latest works certainly are the reason!
    I especially enjoyed "Times Square!"
    Ar on!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mickey, Debbie, Hilda, Polly, Sherry and Michael - Thanks so much. I made sure not to go there during the height of the lunch crowd so I would be able to find a table.

    ReplyDelete