Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hoptron Brewtique

The Patchogue Sketch Club met at Hoptron Brewtique in Patchogue last night. This is a modern, sleek beer bar that is rather unusual...at least to me. There are a variety of beers on tap, mostly from small breweries. I don't know if they serve any beverages besides beer. They also sell all the supplies you would need to brew your own beer if so inclined. I'm not a real beer drinker but it was an interesting place to sketch. I liked the character with his cell phone at the bar. The management was very hospitable to us.


5 comments:

  1. You captured his stance well! And nice shading on his jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful job on those bricks, Joan!! It does look a cool place though. I'm not a beer drinker either but still; the scene is very hip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan you have turned the ordinary into extraodinary - I always love your sketches and the colors you choose make them so fresh as well. Happy sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina - Thanks so much!

    Sherry - It was quite a trendy place. Thanks.

    Debby - You are too kind. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Joan -- the stance is so well caught --- I rarely see folks WITHOUT cell phones these days!! Sounds like a mighty interesting place to visit!!! I'm not a beer drinker either!

    ReplyDelete