Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Punta Cana Sketches Part I

I was in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for the wedding of my nephew, Kevin and his wife, Flor (photo below) for the last 5 days. Of course I had to paint everything I saw. lol Here is the first group of sketches. I wll post more tomorrow.

This is a view at the pool at Majestic Elegance.
 
I found the seaweed, tiny fish, and coral on the beach.
The fruit is passion fruit, which I did not like at all. It was great for sketching, but too bitter for me.

I was ready to relax in one of those chairs with a cocktail in my hand.
This is the beach shack where you can make reservations for water sports.
Here is a photo of the happy couple.



5 comments:

  1. It was fun sketching with you and hanging out in the water too. I'm so glad you were able to come. Your sketches look great! I really like how your palm trees are swaying in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolors, Joan!! Beautiful place to get married!! It looks like you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful couple and very beautiful paintings, Joan. Something really pleasant about the beach findings painting. Your landscapes are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So THAT'S where you've been! What a wonderful time you must have had! Delightful, artfully, beautifully done work Joan -- from the dweling to the couple to the beach finds! Beautiful, glowing couple -- what a fabulous group of work, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mickey - It was such a great trip. Thanks.

    Hilda - Thank you. It was a perfect spot to relax and a perfect place for a wedding.

    Sherry - I really enjoy plein air painting so it was perfect. Thanks.

    Lin - Thank so much. We had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete