Thursday, March 22, 2012

Foggy Morning

This morning I got up at 7am and instead of going out for my early morning walk, I went out to paint fog. We've had very warm temperatures which have created dense fog conditions in the morning, but I seem to be missing the best of the conditions. Yesterday the fog had already lifted by the time I got out at 9:30. I was determined this morning!!! The first painting was done at a park that is about 3 minutes from me. I sat in the car so that the misty fog didn't wet the paper. I kept turning on the heat and blasting it to dry the layers of watercolor paint. The second painting was done down by the bay in Sayville.




6 comments:

  1. Hello Joan
    I hope all is well?
    I love your recent paintings they have so much depth, and I love the technique you are painting in...
    I am sorry for not commenting for such a long time, so much is happening in my life... most of the time I don´t have the will to do so, but I always visit and enjoy your work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been some kind of foggy each morning here too --- like driving thru pea soup! LOVE these renditions of fog up there! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan! I love your fog painting. I was just looking at an art magazine where the artist painted the Brooklyn Bridge on a very foggy day.. It does have an interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the misty look of the background trees in the first one. The beach one is great too. Quite a difference from the tropical colors in the DR, but pretty in their own right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I don't sound like a broken record, but as always, Joan, I just love your landscapes. You've handled that fog beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamila - Thanks so much for coming to visit and posting your comment. I love visiting your blog.

    Lin - Thanks. Glad I did the fog yesterday since it was clear this morning.

    Hilda - I can imagine the Brooklyn Bridge in the fog. Thanks.

    Mickey - They are a bit subdued compared to the DR. Thanks.

    Sherry - You can repeat that as many times as you like. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete