Thursday, May 9, 2024

Salt Shack Sketches

My friend and I planned to meet at a car show at Tobay Beach along Ocean Parkway to sketch. By the time I got near the beach, the backup traffic was at a standstill and I had been sitting in traffic for more than an hour and still had a long distance to go. I called her to let her know I wasn't going to make it, and as soon as traffic inched along enough for me to make a u-turn I left. 

As I was heading home I came near Cedar Beach, and I noticed people entering the parking lot. I decided to check and see if the beach building was open. I was surprised that not only the bathrooms but the restaurant (Salt Shack) and bar were open too (but with limited food). It was a beautiful, sunny day and a lot of people were enjoying the outdoors. I sat on a fence by the dunes to capture this view of the building.


When I finished I grabbed something to eat and headed back outside. There was a live band playing on the outside deck and everyone was enjoying the music and the sun. Right in front of me was a couple with a lady in a wheelchair. From their interaction I assume that the older lady was the woman's mom or grandmother. As the music played they held hands and moved to the music. It was a really sweet scene, and I couldn't pass up sketching it. I may have missed sketching at the car show, but I thoroughly enjoyed the day!




 

2 comments:

  1. Happy your day was successful. Love both sketches and the sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It definitely turned out better than I expected.

      Delete