Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Mattituck Sketches

I stopped in Mattituck the other day while I was out east. The display in front of Mattituck Florist caught my eye. I sat in my mobile studio across from the florist to sketch. 


Fortunately (or unfortunately for my waistline) I was parked right near the North Fork Donut Company on Love Lane. I just had to go in and get something. This is a churro donut with hazelnut filling and hazelnuts sprinkled on top. It was big enough to share, but I was by myself.



5 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who has a weakness for donuts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donuts aren't usually my thing unless they are from good places. I've stopped here before.

      Delete
  2. Both sketches Joan are great but the donut calls to my weak willed self. I would have had to eat it all. Hope you are enjoying the first of May. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Lately I don't have much willpower. lol That's good for sketching treats though. Hope your May is starting off well.

      Delete
  3. I love pottery and the blue catches my eye of course. Donuts are something I really miss in my gluten free world. Gluten free pastry is just not the same. Thanks for the sketch to satisfy my craving!

    ReplyDelete