Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Maine Visit - Day 1

Last week I picked up my sister, Michelle in NJ and we drove up to Maine to visit our sister, Chris & her family. Michelle hasn't been up to Maine for quite a few years, so we decided to visit a few places near Tina that are special. The first day we drove down to Pemaquid Point where the Pemaquid Lighthouse is located. The landscape changed a lot after the strong storms that hit the Maine coast back in January. Huge boulders were knocked off the rocky ledge, smaller boulders moved up near the lighthouse, and the bell house was damaged. Luckily the lighthouse itself wasn't affected.

Both Michelle and Chris sketch, but not to the same extent as I do. They both sat and did one sketch, and left me alone while they explored and chatted a bit while I did two.

This sketch is of some of the trees and rocks between the lighthouse and the rocky ledge.


I also did a small painting of the Pemaquid Lighthouse.


Here is a photo of the three of us...left to right are Chris, myself and Michelle.




6 comments:

  1. So great that you could get together with your sisters! I love the purple shadows on your lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thanks. It is great to get together and nice that we enjoy most of the same things.

      Delete
  2. Ditto what MiataGrrl says. Happy you all got together for such fabulous sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. We don't get together too often, so it was nice to have a few days together.

      Delete
  3. Joan how wonderful to be able to visit with your sisters. You all look great. As always your sketches are superb! I especially like the one of the Pemaquid Lighthouse. Hope to visit there myself sometime soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much. It is one of my favorite places up there. I hope you get to visit there.

      Delete