Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Sunflower Play

 A few weeks ago I stopped at Andrews Family Farm in Wading River to check out their produce. As I pulled in I noticed that one of the owners, Denise was there. I hadn't seen her since the end of the fall and it was good to catch up with her. I left with some veggies and two bouquets of sunflowers that she gave me. They made a huge arrangement and I painted a few of the flowers when I got home. The painting wasn't quite finished and the sunflowers were gone, but at last I got around to finishing the painting during one of our rainy, damp days. I played a lot with the background.



3 comments:

  1. A beautiful painting. Love the background with the dark colors to bring out the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

      Delete