Sunday, May 24, 2020

Red Rocks

Quite a while back my husband and I drove cross-country on our way to visit my sister in California. One of the places we drove through was New Mexico. We stopped in Sante Fe and then took a side trip to Georgia O'Keefe's home and studio in Abiquiu. While driving along we passed Abiquiu Lake and some areas of beautiful red rocks like I sketched her. I used a reference photo that I took at that time. It is a beautiful part of our country and well worth visiting.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, Joan! If it looks as good as your sketch, I'll put it on the list:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, it takes me right home! Beautiful rock formations in that area and a bit north towards Cuba, New Mexico. Also around Gallup. Thanks, Joan, I’m smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed our time there. So different from NYC.

      Delete
  3. Joan, this is so pretty. I love the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Wish we had more time. It was such a great area to visit.

      Delete