Thursday, May 21, 2020

Italian Wine Store

Today for the NYC Urban Sketchers theme of "Let's Go Traveling" I returned to a favorite place...Venice. When I think of wine stores here in NY I picture a shop with aisles of bottles on display. Wandering around Venice this last trip I found several wine stores where people brought their own bottles and filled them from big casks rather than just picking up a new bottle. They also had big, half gallon and gallon bottles for sale. I thought it was an interesting way to buy wine.


6 comments:

  1. Love your sketch, Joan! Wish they'd sell wine like that around here:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a good way and cuts down on bottles if you can refill. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I’m always up for wine! Beautiful sketch. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is charming Joan and the story behind it was super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much. I love to have background stories for the sketches.

      Delete