Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Beach Scenes

On Sunday (which now seems like eons ago) I headed over to Robert Moses State Park to sketch. It was a sunny day but very windy, so there weren't too many people around. I sat in my mobile studio looking at the dunes and painting while several groups came to enjoy the actual beach. I like that most walkways down to the beach have their own unique fences so they usually look different.


Then I drove down to the other end of the parking lot which faced a fence. The Fire Island Lighthouse was visible in the distance. This time I sketched on my iPad with my ArtRage program. If I stop using it for too long I forget what I'm doing.


An update on my hubby. He came home from the rehab facility today. Unfortunately he had a fall about a week and a half ago and pulled the muscle in his good leg. Right now he is in a lot of pain and can't stand or put any pressure on the leg. That made for a very challenging day for me and my sister-in-law. (Thank heaven for her help.) It also felt like the day lasted about a week. Hopefully with bed rest his muscle will heal. He had been doing so well before that. I am looking forward to seeing that again.


5 comments:

  1. These are lovely sketches Joan. Glad to hear that Jerry is home and best wishes for a speedy recovery for his leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach scenes are always so welcoming. This Dr. Me says to ice for 20 minutes off for 20 minutes, on for 20 minutes. Three or four times a day. Sure helps my knee and Gene’s back. Prescribed by a good chiropractor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo and thanks for the advice with the ice.

      Delete
  3. both sketches are so great - so different.
    Good to hear that your hubby is home:) Trusting that this setback will be short lived.

    ReplyDelete