Monday, May 4, 2020

Map Making

The NYC Urban Sketchers met on Zoom on Sunday. Our sketching was not urban sketching. In the morning we did a map of something or some place that was familiar to us. I got started but didn't come close to finishing by lunchtime. I was working on a map of some memories of places and things on Long Island from childhood to now. I finished the rest of it today.


For the afternoon we did maps that were more personal (although I sort of did that in the morning too). This one was my pandemic survival map showing more of a timeline of my days.



7 comments:

  1. These are great Joan. I particularly enjoyed following your busy day...especially the socially distanced sketching!
    Hope hubby is continuing to improve. Do they let you in are are you a window visitor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. He had a slight setback and won't come home this week. :( Sadly he doesn't have a window where I can look in.

      Delete
  2. Impressive day of sketching. I like both and learning about Long Island and you! Inspiring to come here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was a lot of fun, but a lot of work. lol

      Delete
  3. Wow these are great Joan - so little but so detailed too. A nice walk through your world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your memory map, Joan:)
    I didn't realize rehab separated you from your hubby. So sorry to learn that. Will keep you guys in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete