Thursday, March 5, 2020

Rehab Sketches

You would think that with being at the rehab facility for so many hours each day I would be sketching up a storm, but that isn't the case. Most days my sister-in-law is there too, so even when Jerry is having physical therapy (usually twice a day) she and I are usually downstairs having coffee and talking. But on the days that she doesn't join me I do try to sketch something. I would love to sketch what is happening in the  pt rooms but I think that is a little too invasive...and they don't want family members in the room unless invited.

This was sketched from Jerry's room and that is his wheelchair. Maybe like the bicycles in Amsterdam these will get easier to sketch. lol They have a lot of parts and the proportions aren't easy.


Yesterday I sat in the library while Jerry did pt. This man was there using the computer. Although I know this sketch has a lot of problems I am posting it anyway. The wheels are much too small in proportion to the rest of the chair. I seem to have a problem with figures that are seated. lol


This man was in the library a little later. I concentrated more on the proportions so I am happier with this sketch.


4 comments:

  1. Each sketch manages to capture the essence of the scene so I think well done! I have trouble with chairs too and adding a person is way beyond me so kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about chairs...and the people in them. lol Thanks, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, these are good. I think in these situations the mind wanders. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your figures are really good! I would think the wheelchairs would be at least as hard, or harder than the bicycles. More parts.

    ReplyDelete