Monday, August 13, 2018

Porto Day 11

Thursday was the day I would be leaving Porto...but not until around 4:30. After checking out of my apartment I walked over to the rental office and arranged for them to hold my luggage for the day. Sao Domingos by Oporto Tourist Apartments was a wonderful place to stay. It exceeded my expectations! The staff was really great too. (If you look at the link my apartment was just above the red doors and windows on the right corner with views in both directions.

I headed up to one of my favorite sketching spots by the Se' Cathedral. I liked the view with the lavender in front of the wall. While I sat there several sketchers stopped by to chat. It was fun to see people were still around.


Next I headed to the small, grassy area around the back of the Cathedral where there was a big patch of orange flowers.


This is the Taverna de Largo on Rua de Flores. I'm not sure when I sketched it but I forgot to post it.


Around 2:00 I headed to have lunch. As I was checking out the menu at Leitao e Coisas, a place that specializes in suckling pig, I spotted my friend, Melanie Reim at one of the tables. She had taken a trip with a few other friends for a few days out of Porto and had just returned the night before. We talked for a while and then shared our sketchbooks. She then left to do a bit more sketching before her departure the next day. 

I had been working on a page of Porto's delightful foods. Here it is finished.



I had time left for a bit of people sketching as I sat at one of the outdoor cafes in Largo Sao Domingos and had one last beer in Porto. 



Obrigada, Porto! Thanks for the wonderful time.

Then I was off for a quick late flight to Madrid where I made an overnight stop at a hotel near the airport. I would be back at the airport early for my first flight the next day and my journey would continue...



7 comments:

  1. Cheers to a wonderful blog series of your Porto experience!!! Obrigado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful last day in Porto!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were a busy sketcher. I am always amazed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used your time in Porto very well and have a super array of sketches to remind you. Thank you so much for sharing as I doubt I will ever visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed coming along to Porto. Thanks.

      Delete