Thursday, June 28, 2018

#30x30DirectWatercolor2018 - Day 28 - Islip & Patchogue

We had rain this morning and very overcast skies for most of the day. I went out to do some shopping and stopped in Islip on the way home. I've painted and sketched at White Cap Fish Market before, but today I did a small sketch of one of the small buildings. Here is my day 28 piece for #30x30DirectWatercolor2018.


Before I ran out to do my shopping I worked on the painting/sketch I had been doing at Arts on Terry on Sunday. There were a lot of other artists painting outdoors, but I don't think any others besides my friends from the Patchogue Sketch Club were actually sketching what they saw. Most were working on something from a photo or something sketched out ahead of time.  Some were working on huge canvases. I'm also posting the photo my friend, Michele DePaolo took of me on Sunday just in case you didn't see yesterday's post.



7 comments:

  1. There really is something special to be said in sketching what you see. The results are almost always very interesting. You're almost at the home stretch for the 30x30 watercolor challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I did today's so only one more day.

      Delete
  2. The second watercolor is really nice, Joan.. So much to see..you always put so much detail in your work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on both sketches Joan. I especially like the one of Arts on Terry - so much super detail and a great look at what the day was all about. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. It was fun to capture some of the artists and the visitors there.

      Delete
  4. Fun to see through your eyes. Both sketches are excellent and nice to “see” you, too.

    ReplyDelete