Friday, June 1, 2018

#30x30DirectWatercolor2018 - Day 1

We had a misty, foggy, drizzly day today so I was very happy when I drove into Sayville and found a parking spot with a view and where I could stay dry. I did this one from my car. The building is the Sayville General Store. I didn't do it justice...the doorway's perspective is off a bit. In fact it was off enough that I took down the first image and redid the top angle of the door. I scratched the paper in the process. I think it looks a bit better than it did before...trust me.



This painting was NOT done directly in watercolor. I did this when I met up with my plein air group in Bellport on Tuesday morning. I think I'm going to go back and darken the inside of the house through the front door. 



5 comments:

  1. That wreath is gorgeous!!! And the house below is beautiful, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both beautiful sketches. Your structure is amazing in your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The direct painting sure looks like a challenge specially when you choose difficult subjects but thi sone is a darn good job. The second piece is great Joan I really like the little hanging baskets on the porch - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks so much. Hopefully by day 30 the direct watercolor will be easier. lol

      Delete