Saturday, January 6, 2018

Doll Sketch Night

On Wednesday night the theme for our sketch group was dolls. I personally don't have any that I kept from childhood and since I didn't have children I don't have any from that generation either. Luckily my friends brought along extras.

This was one of a collection that my friend, Pat had from here childhood, so it has to be at least 60 years or older. She said each doll came in a fancy dress and was displayed like this in the cellophane opening in the cover of the box. She also had a collection of crocheted dresses that her aunt had made for the dolls. Some were in good condition but several need to have body parts reattached.


This one was a Madame Alexander doll that belonged to my friend, Rosanne's daughter. Her daughter is about 25 so it isn't that old. 


6 comments:

  1. A great theme for your sketch group! And nice job on the draped skirt -- good practice for sketching real people! ;-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thanks. Good practice if you have one of those perfect doll bodies. lol

      Delete
  2. That was a fun night it seems! Great job on your dollies. The rocking chair is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing, especially the little girl in the rocking chair. Great job Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. There were a lot of cute choices to sketch.

      Delete