Friday, March 24, 2017

Missed a Day!

Can you believe it, I missed a day of posting! Yes...it is true. Yesterday was an extremely busy day. I had to drive up to Middletown, NY to pick up my paintings and those of 3 other artists from the NorthEast Watercolor Society Members Show. Middletown is a good 2 1/2 hrs from me, so Jerry and I left around 9, got up there about 11:40, and then drove to Queens so we could take the subway to Manhattan. We went to dinner and had tickets to see Bette Middler in "Hello Dolly" which was fabulous. We didn't get home until 1:00 am this morning. I went straight to bed and didn't even think about posting...hope you don't mind. 

Heres is another snow sketch that I did in my Strathmore Toned Gray sketchbook. This was done in Sayville.


Last week was my hubby's birthday so here are two things that were part of his birthday dinner...blueberry pie...


and his new favorite beer, Stella Artois.



11 comments:

  1. Dear Joan that is so unusual for you to not post. Your persistence and discipline always are amazing. Hubby's blueberry pie looks pretty awesome...love your winter sea sketch. Hope you have had time to rest up and are out busily capturing other great subjects. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. The late night slowed me down a bit. I'm not as young as I used to be. lol

      Delete
  2. Brr! this one looks cold. You just have to sketch everything you see - super pie and beer bottle. Glad you had a great time at Hello Dolly; it makes not posting so understandable. Have a great day, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, it was a bit chilly when I was sketching the water view...even in the car. The city trip yesterday was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. I am really loving how your style pops from this gray paper! Really gorgeous, Joan! I don't care for blueberries but for some reason, now I want blueberry pie. Love the delicate play of blue/red(pink) in the shell interiors. The landscape is beautiful! Sounds like you had a great day out and about too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, it was a great day with a lot to do. Now I'm catching up. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. love the sketches - always do.
    My hubby also enjoys that particular beer. He would adore the pie but I do not bake - evah!
    Bette Midler - I bet she was fabulous in it. What energy she has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I do bake, but didn't bake this pie. lol Bette was fab!!!

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful day off! Love the sketches. Yummmmy…..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I'll take one of each to help him celebrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete