Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Inktober - Day 26 & Back Deck with 4 Cats

On the ranch there are some animals, and since I'm rarely anywhere with animals I'm trying to sketch some of them. Inktober's Day 26 is a longhorn cow. They are always busy eating so they stand in pretty much the same position for a while. This was done with my twig.
#inktober #inktober2016


There are a lot of cats and kittens around. I was told they help keep the rodents away from the house. Here is the back deck with four cats. Can you find the 4th one? She's hiding.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Both of these paintings are beautiful! I especially love the cats on the back porch and yes....I found that fourth one immediately...I cheated and enlarged the paintings! Lol. Amazing details and love the reflections through the glass!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip must be inspiring because these posts with an Inktober drawing AND a watercolor painting are great! Love these! Aren't cows just a weird shape, though? And they can smell things 3 miles away! No wonder they have such big noses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. Made me smile today. I love cows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Joan for someone not being around animals too often...you certainly know how to sketch them well. Yes I found the fourth kitty.. He was at the bottom corner by the potted flowering tree. Good job on capturing them. Have a beautiful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hilda! Enlarging the paintings isn't cheating. lol

    Michele, I love being someplace different with new subjects. Thanks.

    Jo, they aren't the cutest creatures, but they are fun. Thanks.

    Thanks so much, Hilda! Glad you found them all.

    ReplyDelete