Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Inktober - Day 10 in Greenport

Greenport is at the eastern end of the north fork of Long Island and is a great place for sketching and painting, with all the great shops and houses there. My sketch for Day 10 of Inktober is of a vespa parked on the street. I always think of vespas and picture them red, but this one was a very sedate white color which was very pretty. I used permanent ink to sketch it, but made sure it touch the ink with water before it dried in each section.
#inktober #inktober2016


I was out there with my friend, Susan and our plan was to either sketch at the boat yard or sketch the homes there. It was windy and cold in the morning, especially by the boat yard, so we found a street with some lovely houses like this one. When I saw the shadows on the porch I knew I had to do this one.


2 comments: