Sunday, August 30, 2026

317 Main Street

 My friend, Suzala and I were on Main Street in Farmingdale and saw 317 Main Street with the colorful orange umbrellas out front and had to stop to sketch. The restaurant was in the middle of the block and there were parking spots along both sided of the street. Luckily when we sat down to sketch the parking spot right in front of the restaurant was empty and so was the spot right in front of us on the other side. But for how long?? Suzala said just sketch fast...so I went directly in with watercolors. We painted for about 30 minutes before any cars blocked our view but eventually there was a large SUV parked right in front of the restaurant. Luckily I had mostly finished the bottom and was able to see the sign above the restaurant so I was able to continue working on the view.



1 comment:

  1. Interesting you had to work on the top last. I usually work top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete