Saturday, August 22, 2026

New Hope Train Station

We arrived in Bucks County where we met up with another sketching friend of Suzala's who came up from Maryland to meet us. New Hope, PA has changed a lot since I was there last. It used to be a small town with shops that sold hand-made leather items, pottery, jewelry, etc as well as some small, quaint restaurants. The number of businesses has increased tremendously. It is nearly impossible to park. It is no longer the fun town I remember. We headed over near the New Hope Train Station. I started with a sketch of the train station itself. The colorful train pulled in and out of the station about every 20 minutes to go on a scenic trip. I ended up sketching it little by little since it didn't stay for long. I finished the station on location but painted the train when I got home.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment