Thursday, September 19, 2024

Funchos

 Every once in a while when I'm in Riverhead for something I stop at Funchos for a taco lunch. They don't actually have 100% inside dining. Most of the tables are in a covered area with sides that roll down to protect you from the elements when it is cold or rainy. It is open all year long with fun decorations and plants. I posted this sketch on Creativespark.art and a friend commented that he remembered the words "arriba, abajo" from a drinking toast. When I was in Spain many, many years ago traveling in my 20s with my sister we learned the toast when we were out drinking with the other young people.

Arriba (to the heavens)

Abajo (to the earth)

Al centro (to the heart)

Al dentro (to the inside)...

and so you would toast with your drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment